Benjamin Tomhave wrote:
The reason I chose to move away from using the .qmail-default file is
because you won't always get the correct username.  If you are not using
per-user preferences, then it wouldn't matter.

I'm using sql-based per-user preferences with maildrop and SpamAssassin. Everything is work well. Only problem has been aliases, which are done away with, so no more problem.

Are you using a catchall? I think I was getting the incorrect username when using a catchall.. but maybe I had already fixed that problem, I don't remember.

Except that under the current compiled-CGI design, I can't use qmailadmin
for automated account creation, I still have to use ssh keyed calls to the
mail server for use of the vadduser command.  This is one of the reasons I'm
hoping a PHP version will take off soon.

Why are you unable to use qmailadmin to create accounts?

Jeff
--

  /\  /\              ..    ..    ..    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 /  \/  \ a t r i x  .  .  .  .  .  .  .           (770) 794-7233