> On Jun 7, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Eric <ebr...@whitehorsetc.com> wrote:
>
> And, "reasonable" is what the program, or library, needs. If 160000000 KB is
> not sufficient you must bump it up. Either qmail-smtp or libc or both are
> trying to access memory not allocated to them, so, it must be increased.
>
> Admittedly, I'm not sure about all the details, but if you ran the submission
> program without the softlimit setting it could possible eat up your system.
> Setting the softlimit actually decreases the amount of memory the program
> would otherwise use.

Thanks Eric. I’m going to work on gradually incrementing it and see if it stops
the errors. I just bumped it up to 200mb, and we’ll see how it goes… the box
I’m running this on only has 2 gigs of RAM, and has to run nginx and a couple
of other things too, so I’m going to be a little cautious. It’s a VM, so I can
increase the RAM if I have to, but it’ll of course increase the cost each time
I do, so I’m hoping I can squeak by with what I’ve got. I’ll report back
if/when I hit a number that stops the segfaults.

Cheers,

Steve

--
Steve Linberg, Chief Goblin