Two separate questions really:

1. does anyone know where I can get some more information on the old
Apple Multiscan 15 monitors I have.  They don't have speakers, which all
the closest matches I've found to (15AV, etc.) and have M2978 as the
model number.  Quite disapointing size of screen wise for what seems to
indicate being a 15" screen, but they work.  Currently by using a Mac to
PC monitor adapter since they use a high density 15 pin connector and
not the low density that my 460, 475s, 630 and 6320 have - surely they
should connect straight on and not use an adapter, they are after all
Apple and of the same vintage (I was given these in a single batch, but
know little about Macs - yet).  Oh, one thing I'm thinking I could try
with these screens is hooking them up to an old Amiga or two I still
have - is the Multiscan suitable to do this?  (If anyone here knows
Amigas!).

2. since these machines are from a company I'm looking to wipe them and
reinstall a clean system.  Not being familiar with Macs I'm not 100%
with this, so I'm a little lost.  What I've tried so far seems to want
to upgrade the existing system.  I've got my hands on full OS 7.6 and OS
8.0 installation packages (manuals and all), but I'm still not clear on
a clean install.  I'd rather try on the older machines first, before I
destroy the best performing one - unfortunately the best one is the only
one with a CD, so I've tracked down an Apple CD drive (with Apple ROM as
I understand it) and an external SCSI box - with any luck that will
allow me to boot the CD for the install so I can experiment.

Thanks,

--
Paul Tansom:  -  contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more information
Internet and Intranet Solutions   --   http://www.aptanet.com/