Paul Tansom wrote:

>Yes, I only have 1M in my A1500 at the moment, but if I'm going to
>manage to track down an RTG card and get OS 3.9 working then I could do
>with something better than my current 1084SD!  The A1200 I have may do
>better if I'm lucky - it's all good fun when I've got the time!  I'm
>more than a bit rusty on Amigas these days - I spend most of my time on
>Linux with the odd bit of 'doze when I have to.  I'm learning about Macs
>now as I got given a few, but would love to find the spare cash to get
>one that can run OSX, it sounds like fun to me being a *nix type :-)

Keeping a eye on Amigaone, might just fit the bill if its ever finally
finished. Check out the specs if you have time.
1mb of chip should do the job, might depend on one of the chips, Agnus
or Denise, sorry getting a bit rusty myself. The 1084 is a good little
work horse, should do multiscan without trouble. Copy the Devs/Monitors
file across and check the screen res prefs, multiscan should be listed
as a option. May need a reboot? Costs me alittle extra more than ntsc
hi-res but no where near as much as double scan. Cant recall if double
scan chokes the serial port or not. You should find better drivers on
aminet than the standard install ones.

Lacking the desire to run QSX, yet another update this week (one more
update then another paid version). Guess there will be no choice once
MYOB no longer supports "classic" OS. Hard enough finding people who use
Mac, not looking forward to teaching people OSX, guess I better find the
desire soon or someone will be teaching me. :) Currently running BE,
QNX, AmigaDos, Debain, Mandrake, MacOS and Win9x. and not real good on
any. ;) Looking for 3.1 roms for the amiga.