At 12:11 +0000 on 17/02/03, Paul Tansom wrote:

>box too - it's still in its shrink wrap!  With any luck I'll track down
>a cheap copy of 8.6 soon as a few apps I've seen around seem to use it
>as the minimum requirement (Opera springs to mind as the main one as I
>want to use it for web page checking).

Note that 8.6 won't run on anything without a PPC CPU in it, which makes it
generally OT for this list except in the cases where it's running on
PPC-upgraded Quads (which requires a software hack in most cases).

There also isn't a 68K version of Opera, but it's such a marginal browser on
the Mac platform, I wonder why anyone would bother using it anyway.  iCab is
far superior, and it doesn't *cost* anything.
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>