On 12/19/2016 07:31 PM, Mike Mez wrote:

"As a tip if you desire to attempt gpu passthrough do not buy an NVIDIA
card as they like to introduce driver "bugs" that make it difficult to try
and entice you to buy a quadro."

Thank you for the tip. Where could I see an example of this? To my current
amateur mind, you make it sound as if a pop up error code comes up and
declares "but it works on a Quadro", which sounds abit more blunt that I
would expect. Even then, they can try to coerce all they like. I don't have
that kind of money to burn.

Furthermore, is this a GPU only thing, or have there been cases of "bugs"
on other forms of hardware as well, such as a CPU?

Thank you,

- Mike Mez

As a tip if you desire to attempt gpu passthrough do not buy an NVIDIA
card as they like to introduce driver "bugs" that make it difficult to try
and entice you to buy a quadro.

Search for "VFIO NVIDIA Error 43" on your favorite search engine.

Pretty much it just shuts off 3D mode and gives you Error 43 in device manager if it detects some hardware virt features, there is a way around it but I wasted hours until I figured out what was going on.

It is a gpu only thing, for now.