"Search for "VFIO NVIDIA Error 43" on your favorite search engine.

Pretty much it just shuts off 3D mode and gives you Error 43 in device
manager if it detects some hardware virt features, there is a way around it
but I wasted hours until I figured out what was going on.

It is a gpu only thing, for now."

Well. Would you look at that. I've been debating Pascal Titan X or Radeon™
Pro WX 7100, yet this does change the favor of things.

"The dangers being malicious corruption of the card firmware or option ROM
firmware, or an exploit in the IOMMU GFX related code which is much larger
than IOMMU operations that do not involve graphics devices.

The best way to do GPU passthrough is with a card that is only used for
that VM and use a blob free coreboot platform such as the KGPE-D16 so that
you can disallow option rom execution, have some level of DMA protection
pre-linux initialization and have no ME/PSP or suspicious binary blobs on
your motherboard.

If you want to do this I am happy to provide technical assistance, you can
play the latest games with no cpu bottleneck on a KGPE-D16 with one of the
higher end 16 core opteron 62xx CPU's which you can buy for $20-40 on ebay."

I love how KGPE-D16 simply... ROLLS off the tongue. So sure. If you are
willing to give some technical assistance to this mad task of mine, I'm
certainly willing to give it a look. What ch'a got? Make sure with what
ever you have to say, that it's search engine compatible. ;)

Thank you,

- Mike Mez