On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 7:53:45 PM UTC-4, Jean-Philippe Ouellet wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 7:46 PM, cooloutac <raahe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > am I reading this right?  There is no qubes-manager in 4.0? Does that mean
> > everything must be done in a terminal?  Tell me I read that wrong lol.
>
> tl;dr - https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2132

oh ok I see,  so a taskbar widget or something to replace the manager.  I
thought they lost their minds for a second. My immediate thought was what about
attaching drives, and seeing if updates available?  Joanna addressed all my
concerns but I'm gonna have to wait and see what happens with this.   Hopefully
it doesn't turn out to be more confusing then the manager.

Right now my mother and family are able to use qubes no problem with no
terminal actions required.  none at all. I don't know why that shocks some
people when I tell them.   I hope that remains the same becvause they wouldn't
be using Qubes without it.