On 5/10/19 8:09 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 5/10/19 12:16 PM, Marc Griffiths wrote:

My experience of installing on a Lenovo Yoga 720 was seamless, everything worked including the touch screen. However, I experienced a lot of random browser crashing. Chromium dead birds on a fairly regular basis. Vivaldi, Chromium, and Firefox browser windows disappearing without error, on both Fedora and Debian. Upgrading to Fedora 29, and upgrading dom0 didn't resolve the problem. A few times the desktop became unresponsive, and while I was able to ctrl+alt+F2 to dom0, it wasn't clear how I could view processes running on a particular VM.

Sorry to hear about the stability issues. You might try updating your UEFI firmware to see if that helps.. the precise way that it configures advanced hardware features (seldom used by other operating systems) does have an impact on both compatibility and stability. This is also a good reason to stick with business-oriented computers because vendors take more care to get advanced features working correctly on them; its one of the reasons why Thinkpads are so popular among Qubes users.

The browser stuff sounds more like memory issues to me (not enough memory assigned to disposable VMs).

I can confirm the ctrl+alt+F2 desktop issue with awesome WM as well. Usually it became responsive after going back from the console to the WM though. This was "introduced" ~3 months ago or so; I guess it's a well hidden bug, possibly not a Qubes one.

You're not limited to XFCE, and in my experience KDE works better.

And awesome, i3, ... But yes, KDE was even standard with Qubes 3.