On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 12:48:09 AM UTC+8, Peter Schmiedeskamp
wrote:

> I’m probably guilty of already being part of this task-force. To add, I
> wonder if there’d be value in some longer, blog-form replies to interesting
> HackerNews queries.
>
> For example, someone was extolling the virtues of some new system for
> building and packaging simple GUI apps for Linux using Python. I’ve poked
> around with the GUI and packaging facilities of Racket enough to feel like
> Racket has a pretty good story to tell, at least for smaller cross-platform
> apps. A short blog showing the end-to-end creation of a small GUI app, with
> emphasis on showing the symbiosis of the GUI library and the excellent raco
> packaging and distribution facilities would be a great “reply” to such an
> article on HN.

> I wonder if there's a way that these use cases could at least be
> collected... maybe as an RFB—Request For Blog. Time is always at a premium,
> but I could imagine picking off a blog post here and there even though I’m
> a decidedly rank novice Racketeer.
>
> Maybe there’s already a list somewhere? Maybe RFBs could be a section of
> the Racket Blog?

I have written a few blog posts on Racket GUI topics and I have a few more
planned.  They cover some more advanced uses of the GUI library -- I think
the basics are already well documented. You can find them here:

       https://alex-hhh.github.io/tags/racket.html

Alex.