Mohit:
>Are you trying to reduce the 150KB or the 800ms?
I assume we're going to hopefully improve by reducing the 150kb but I'd
still like to proportionally decrease the load time if at all possible.

> change the page caching time to a much larger value compared to the
default 5 minutes if your pages can manage it.
Yes, I'm looking in to this. I'm almost positive we're just using the
default. I agree that this may help a LOT! Does someone have a working
example of setting: ResponseCache.defaults[:expire_time] or whatever? That
would be very helpful.

John & Mohit:
> make sure you are not serving css and/or js from radiant
I have my styles and js in <RADIANT_ROOT>/public/stylesheet ..../javascripts
respectively. Is that correct? It's my understanding that Apache will serve
anything under /public right?

> make sure you have mod_deflate setup up to compress all text files
Yeah, I need to look into this! I do see it listed mod_deflate.so in our
modules directory but I have to see if it's been properly loaded, etc.
Thanks.

> page parts
Well we are using layouts, snippets, parts, etc., pretty heavily. Is this
specific to page parts or are snippets, layouts, etc., also hot spots?

Here's the live site:
http://www.snaplogic.com/

Thanks for the great help all!