In addition to mod_deflate, I usually add mod_expires with a
far-future default and use the FileETag directive. These will also
help with overall load time. If you need Radiant to push out the
cached page faster, look into mod_xsendfile, which tells Apache to
stream the page from disk instead of through Ruby.

Sean