Hi Billy,

> misunderstand one of the main purposes of education itself, teaching culture
> to men and women, teaching the value of culture, and teaching the best values
> we can identify for our lives.

I completely agree. The problem is I have yet to find any educational
institution that actually is serious about doing that.

Does anybody define precisely which values they are going to teach? Do they
measure how well they do?

Where is the college that promises you the skills you need to live a happy
life? Does anybody even offer courses on sexual integrity, budgeting, abuse of
power, or any of the other issues that regularly destroy lives, families, and
careers?

Do you know any colleges where you would say, “gosh I wish I had their values?”

Which is why geeks like me think those schools that talk about values are
really just blowing smoke To avoid actually be accountable for anything.

Really it seems to be about idolizing 18th century European culture and the
hobbies of the idle rich...

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community
<RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com>
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism
Radical Centrism website and blog: http://RadicalCentrism.org

---
"Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community" group.
to radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.