> OK, what is your theory?

Are you familiar with Cornel’s hotel school?

The reason they are so great is because the students are actually running a
real live hotel. The same way we train doctors and scientists, but hardly
anyone else.

What if we trained citizens and political leaders the same way, by curating a
real world experience?

BLISS Stands for Barkworth’s Live-action Incarnational Ssocietal Ssimulator.
Barksworth is a character I literally dreamed up, where I’ve been imagining how
he and his ex-supermodel wife go about accidentally reinventing society
(nothing written down yet, alas).

The Municipal University reimagines college as a city.   There are no
departments or businesses. Everything is a “service”, with a triple mission of
serving customers, training students, and improving the state of the art. The
city itself is run by the government service, which periodically experiments
with different models of governance.

Values are taught by Dunbars, Households or collections of households up to
~100 residents that publish and enforce their own particular values, especially
around Money, Sex, and Power. The Muniversity does not prescribe these, but
does enforce the core values of:
- respect
- science
- service

Thus, Dunbar’s (or larger Clans that share the same explicit values)
are tracked by the success of their alumni to develop an empirical dataset
About the impact of different values and practices.

Rather than a rigid distinction between staff, faculty, and students, each
person can participate in different roles depending on the context. Some start
out sponsored, like traditional students, but can quickly earn BlissBucks as
their skills mature (whose exchange rate with US Dollars is managed by the
Finance Service).

The joke is that the only jobs you cannot train for at BLISS are “Prostitute”
and “college professor.” Everyone must become expert at something that has
intrinsic value to society.

There is no formal graduation; You can grow up, get married, and buy a house
with an off-campus Dunbar while still being a citizen of the muniversity.
Though most eventually get Commisioned to live out BLISS values elsewhere.

Anyway, this was more intended as a plot device and social commentary that a
practical proposal. But it was a fun thought experiment. And an interesting
hypothesis about how to answer your question.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 12, 2018, at 12:31, Billy Rojas <1billyro...@buglephilosophy.com>
> wrote:
> I will make a wild guess and say that you agree with the sentiment.

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism
Radical Centrism website and blog: http://RadicalCentrism.org

"Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community" group.
to radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.