Well, I’ve been thinking. We’ve generated a LOT of good discussion here, and it
has been most informative. I’ve sifted through the posts again, and I think the
initial question remains.

Rivendell began lengthening wheelbases and chainstays with the Clems. I’d agree
that was an improvement. My Clementine rides better than my Betty Foy, so I’m
going to agree with the longer design. The question I still have is: Now that
the LWB models are further lengthened, what improvements can we appreciate in
our new bikes?

Mark Roland - you might be our best hope here. When your 2019 52 Clem L is
built, you’ll have it to compare to the 2015 OC. Also, what is taking so long?
How can you treat us this way? We need answers. MY CLOTHES ARE GOING OUT OF
STYLE OVER HERE MARK HURRY UP.
*******************************************************************************************************************************
I’ve put nearly all of my January miles on my Clem L, so today I decided to see
what my old bikes feel like. I took the Clementine out first. And I liked it.
It rode very nicely, just like I remembered, only now...the front end (I cannot
call it a cockpit as it’s not an airplane) feels cramped. Not uncomfortably so,
and I’m sure I’d get used to it again if that was my only bike. My rear was
closer to being over the pedals. Hmmm...I’m not sure how I feel about that.
Still, a comfortable bike, but is it as perfect as I once said?

Next, I tried the Betty. That was unfair because something is rubbing on that
bike and heaven knows what it is - I certainly don’t - so it was aggravating
and I parked it. The Betty was quite light, even with a rear rack - that was
definitely discernible.

Finally, the Clem L. It felt good. I should have a wider saddle on that bike
(the other two have wider Brooks and are more comfortable but less beautiful)
but it otherwise was comfortable and easy to steer. I didn’t feel cramped in
it, nor did I feel stretched out. Did I get used to the bike? Who knows. Did I
make improvements that forced the bike into compliance with my body? I don’t
know. I have no photographer to show you how the bikes fit until after the boys
get home; I’ll have them see what they can do.

Lastly, a lesson in leaving well enough alone. I could hear a little noise in
the rear fender; the noise was irksome to me because I like a bike to be quiet.
Fiddling around with the rear tire and fender, it looked to me like I could fix
the noise if I could just adjust this bolt over here. I was pleased because it
required a hex key and I am an ardent fan and user of hex keys. You’ll be
interested to know that the fender now makes ten times more noise as it is
infringing on the tire and I, naturally, cannot get it back the way it was.

And so it goes,
Leah