On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 05:17, Dave Mann <pinnah.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So... I'm probably about as retro-grouchy as the next iBOB, but I have to
> ask...
> Why use a freewheel?

By asking this question you are advancing to a new plateau of grouchy.
Why must we dump our freewheels, a technology which in my experience
has always performed flawlessly as intended, just because freehubs
make for better engineering? You might as well ask why we still use
those dumbass friction shifters instead of brifters, or why would we
choose a bicycle when we could take a car instead, or why do I eat Hot
Pockets when Spago is so close by.

James Black
Los Angeles, CA