I have one of the original Nigel Smythe Lil Loafers that I frequently
use on my Rivendell Road Standard (photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37964304@N05/5432058115/in/set-72157625889961383/).
I agree that the Lil Loafer is very useful and elegant.  I also have a
Gilles Berthoud GB2886 handlebar bag, but for day rides of moderate
duration and length, the Lil Loafer suffices very well!

Jim Cloud
Tucson, AZ