Look for one that is easy to take off.  We had the Thule Helium 3, which
was nice and light weight, and easy to remove.  Just upgraded to the Thule
Apex 4.  Heavier, but still easy to remove.  Both have locking attachments
to lock the rack into the hitch.

Scraping is an issue (As Kelly mentioned), so we went to a 4 bike carrier,
and re-spaced the cradles for our three bikes.  Haven't used the new set
up enough to tell if the scraping problem has been solved.

Nick W.