Leslie

I thought the same thing, but when I went back in the BLUG, that special
lug you are referring to is a seat lug, with the seatpost clamp and
everything.  Two different lugs.

Here's the famous one:

<http://media.tumblr.com/3481d96969a53412f236eb0f2c257b0f/tumblr_inline_mkut7pukgd1qz4rgp.jpg>

or maybe you are talking about a different special one than I was thinking
of.  At any rate, the middle Cheviot lug looks the same as the one on
recent Betty Foys.