Blue Planet - Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries are a good option for off
grid and work very well with the Outback Radian inverters.  They are rated
at 8000 cycles (20+ years of daily cycling!!) to 100 depth of discharge and
can be monitored remotely.  The batteries , like in the Sonnen system are
made by Sony.
The company was just down in PR doing some installs and had some very good
feedback from local installers.
One more option for the tool bag.
Also, Outback just released a white paper on AC coupling using a solid
state relay into the Radian.   So they are now providing some guidance on
this as of just recently.  I still prefer DC coupling with grid tied mode
when the grid does come back around.

Sunny Regards,
Kirpal Khalsa
Oregon LRT#25