Paul,

Have you tried using a different instrument to view this spur?  Some
spectrum analyzers and service monitors create an artifact of the viewed
signal, due to some unintentional internal mixing.  When three different
radios exhibit the same oddball symptom, I'd suspect my test equipment
or possibly the hookup arrangement.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY