Are you hearing the courtesy tone when this happens? The absence or
presence of the tone could help narrow the possibilities. Also, what
provides the PTT signaling for the repeater; tone, cor, or both?
Have you tried disconnecting the receiver and checking to see if the
problem still exists?

Scott Madison, WN1B