Hi ni nhar,

Writing that email to pine64 is a good first step.

Then, if you get positive feedback, you can start looking for a
developer that is willing and skillful to do the port.
You do not have to act as a middleman forever, you just have to do the
bridging and connect people.

I am stressing this part, because, perhaps harder than getting the
funds, is finding the right person, with the skill and perseverance to
take the porting work to fruition. Depending on what's already
available, porting Replicant to a new device can be a really long and
hard task.
As GNUtoo pointed out in a previous email, there are many unknowns with
the way that pinphone's hardware works, and that must be addressed once
the porting effort starts for real: Wifi/BT firmware, modem protocol,
cameras firmware, etc.

You are indeed correct. Hosting a crowdfunding campaign outside
Replicant's of FSF's website would be a bad move. Try to follow GNUtoo's
pointer about Snowdrift and check if there is a crowdfunding solution
compatible with Replicant ideals.
You can surely ask FSF for support while organizing the crowdfund,
specially on how to deal with the funds. Though, do not expect FSF to do
the heavy lifting. FSF only employs a minimal amount of staff. Projects
under its umbrella are pretty much independent and must fend for
themselves. You will have to dedicate some time to plan, write, organize
and run the crowdfunding campaign yourself (I bet that at least a few
people from Replicant's community would help you).

I have only minor contributions to Replicant.

Regards,
David