Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
> Adding new template engines to BFG require you to know python while in
> GROK, it'd require you to grok grok first (which in would then
> introduce the developer to ZCA) which is definitely a Zope3 thing.

You hit on a point that I consider important.  One of the interesting
things about ZCML (and hence BFG) is it's easy for any Python developer
to write their own directives.  ZCML doesn't violate DRY, as I once
thought it did, because if you find yourself writing repetitive
directives, you can just create a custom directive in Python instead.

Unfortunately, Grok obscures that simplicity.  It seems much harder to
add new kinds of decorators than it is to add new kinds of ZCML directives.

The benefit of Grok's decorators is further diminished by the fact that
people who develop with Grok generally have to use ZCML anyway in order
to understand and extend the code Grok is built from.

Shane