Tres Seaver wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Chris Rossi wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk
>>> <mailto:ch...@simplistix.co.uk>> wrote:
>>>

>>>     Also, how do you wire running tests, particularly running them with
>>>     nose, into this?
>>>
>>> bin/nosetests path/to/src
>> ...having added nosetests as a dependent egg, right?
>>
>> How/where do you encapsulate options to nosetests such that they don't
>> have to be continuously re-typed?
>
> You can put them in the [nosetests] section of setup.cfg, and then run
> the tests via '/path/to/python setup.py nosetests' (having first
> installed 'Nose', and maybe 'coverage').

The question was in the context of buildout, so I guess this would
translate to:

- add nose and coverage to required eggs

- bin/buildout setup path/to/my/package/setup.py nosetests

?

That feels a bit cumbersome, is there any way to use zc.recipe.egg or
some other recipe such that I can just do:

bin/test

?

Also, has anyone found a way to get buildout to do something with eggs
specified in test_requires? (ie: bake them into a script rather than
letting setuptools just install them randomly into your source tree)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk