Chris McDonough wrote:
> +1 to what Martin wrote, with something else that can only add to the
> confusion:  recently I have been using Formish (http://ish.io) to do
> autogenerated forms.  I think both zope.formlib and z3c.form try to paint
> forms
> based on "model" objects; formish doesn't even try.  It just lets you create
> your own "form schema" and attempts to draw forms based on that.  This is
> enough for my needs currently.

 From a quick read of the documentation, formish looks nice. It also
looks very similar to z3c.form, and has many of the same abstractions
(fields, widgets, form renderers, data converters).

z3c.form indeed contains some base classes for "model-based"
add/edit/display forms, but it's easy to base it on anything (you don't
even need an interface, you can just pass it a sequence of schema fields).

In this regard, z3c.form is at least a lot more flexible than zope.formlib.

Martin