Well, it depends on what the issue is.
For things where the php5 language change broke compatibility (e.g. object
copying where the language changed), Quercus is php5, and we won't make any
changes to > try to resolve it.  In that case, you're exactly right.
There may be some issues where Zend's implementation of php5 broke
compatibility (e.g. introducing bugs) in a way where we can work with both.
I can't recall any
case like that, but it's possible.
so i still think in this case getting the codebase running under a
mod-php5 system first,
then attempting a port to quercus is the way to go.

-nathan

On 6/14/07, Scott Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jun 14, 2007, at 9:43 AM, Nathan Nobbe wrote:

> Ok.  There's a decent chance it's a Quercus bug, then.

if the app doesnt run under mod-php5, how can you blame quercus?
i mean what is the stance of quercus, is it supposed to emulate mod-php4
and mod-php5
or just mod-php5?

Well, it depends on what the issue is.

For things where the php5 language change broke compatibility (e.g. object
copying where the language changed), Quercus is php5, and we won't make any
changes to try to resolve it.  In that case, you're exactly right.

There may be some issues where Zend's implementation of php5 broke
compatibility (e.g. introducing bugs) in a way where we can work with
both.  I can't recall any case like that, but it's possible.

-- Scott