On Mar 10, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Hari Selvarajan wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We run several web applications on Resin 3.0 with Apache and
> mod_caucho
> as a front-end. For a new web application that we're developing, which
> will run under the same site, we'd like to use Resin 3.1 in a
> different
> JVM. Something like this:
>
> We're using the mod_caucho from Resin 3.1 for requests to both Resin
> instances.
>

> This works well in basic tests but I'm wondering if there's anything
> we
> need to be aware of while using mod_caucho from Resin 3.1 with Resin
> 3.0. I would hate to find out that we were doing something risky
> when we
> got to our load tests so it seemed wise to ask the community in
> advance.

I wouldn't recommend this, because we do change the communication
between the two from time to time (generally relating to the pooling
configuration items.)

You might consider using something like mod_proxy for one of the
versions.  Because mod_proxy just uses HTTP as the communication
protocol, which any version of Resin understands, you'd avoid any
conflict.

-- Scott