On Mar 10, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Andrea Sodomaco wrote:

I like very mych Resin as app. server. but if we talk about http servers I think apache is more reliable, more documented, more flexible and faster.

e.g.
   <LocationMatch "\.gif$">
        Header set Cache-Control post-check=36000,pre-check=990000
    </LocationMatch>

That's a very nice example. I've added it as http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3381 .

As part of the Resin 4.0 conversion to Java CanDI (JSR-299), we're making a standard JSR-299 syntax for rewrite-dispatch which might make that example easier (and easier to extend rewrite-dispatch):

So we might be able to add something like:

<rewrite:SetHeader regexp="\.gif$">
  <name>Cache-Control</name>
  <value>post-check=36000,pre-check=990000</value>
</rewrite:SetHeader>

Or maybe

<rewrite:Filter regexp="\.gif$">
<rewrite:AddHeader name="Cache-Control" value="post-check=36000,pre- check=990000"/>
</rewrite:Filter>

(It's still a bit clunkier than Apache's syntax, but we need to keep to XML.)

-- Scott