I don't agree with part 1 even, with the advent of vmware/xen/virtualbox
there is no reason to cram a bunch of stuff on a single server.  It makes
your infrastructure way less upgradable, reliable, and testable.

a)  The rewriting in resin is pretty good, its all regex, just like any
other rewrite.  You may have to learn some new stuff, but that kind of how
IT works :)
b)  You can do this with resin vhosts as well, either ip based or ipless.
c)  You can also do this with resin :)  http://quercus.caucho.com/
d) Same thing, but if you use a virtualization product its a no brainer to
clone production instances for QA on the same hardware.

I find resin by itself to be faster and easier to manage.  The less software
you run the easier and safer your site will be.  Running apache introduces
more code that you need to patch and manage, and apache is not the safest or
fastest webserver on the market.

Just some food for thought :)