Hi,

> Why use Apache at all?

there's more than one reason. Serving different sites/services on the same
server, not all can be served by resin for various reasons:

a) Rewriting Service:

mod_rewrite has no real pendent

b) Different Servlet-Containers on port 80:

There are a couple of services which just wont run under resin (my favorite is
TeamCity which runs on a Tomcat instance because of that).

c) PHP

Not everything's running with resin and there are some projects out there which
just need the Apache-PHP plugin

d) Different resin-instances on port 80:

I don't want my TestEnvironment interfere with Live Services when a restart of
the container is necessary.

Apache is a nice and powerful software to combine these different aspects all.

Best regards, --- Jan.