On Mar 10, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Jan Kriesten wrote:

> Hi,
>> Why use Apache at all?
> there's more than one reason. Serving different sites/services on
> the same
> server, not all can be served by resin for various reasons:

These are the typical reasons.  If you're running a specific Apache
module (like mod_perl) or running several different kinds of backends,
or prefer the logging, or mod_rewrite works better for you than
Resin's rewrite-dispatch, then Apache can be a good choice.

But it doesn't usually make sense to use Apache just as a plain web-
server in front of Resin, especially if you're dispatching most of the
requests to Resin anyway.

We have been toying with the idea of spending more time on our
HttpProxy and FastCgiProxy to let people use Resin as a frontend for
things like Ruby or other servers, but really aren't sure what the
priority should be.  Of course, requests for rewrite-dispatch and
admin/log improvements are always welcome (just add a bug report with
the request.)

-- Scott