On May 24, 2011, at 4:52 AM, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:

> I tried upgrading to 4.0.18 recently and deployment seems broken.
>
> Normally I copy my war file over webapps/ROOT.war, restart appserver,
> and it works.
>
> Now it seems the only way I can get a deployment working is by:
>
> 1) Deleting webapps/ROOT (the directory)
> 2) Manually un-jaring ROOT.war
> 3) Deleting the resin-data directory
>
> If I don't do #3, Resin recreates an old version of my app, not the
> new contents of ROOT.war.  If I don't do #2, Resin creates an empty
> web project.  This is really, insanely confusing :-(
>
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

We fixed a few bugs related to deployment in 4.0.17 and 4.0.18, perhaps the
behavior you're expecting has changed.

I tested by simply overwriting ROOT.war with a different ROOT.war and didn't
have any issues.

Resin will recreate the old app from resin-data directory, if you delete the
war and directory, since it needs a ROOT webapp.  So that behavior is expected.

Some things to check are permissions (<server-default> <user-name> Resin is
running as), <resin:DeployService/> exists, webapp version is enabled
(<host-default> <web-app-deploy path="webapps" versioning="true"/>).

-Paul