On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Paul Cowan <co...@caucho.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> We fixed a few bugs related to deployment in 4.0.17 and 4.0.18, perhaps the
> behavior you're expecting has changed.
> I tested by simply overwriting ROOT.war with a different ROOT.war and didn't
> have any issues.
> Resin will recreate the old app from resin-data directory, if you delete the
> war and directory, since it needs a ROOT webapp.  So that behavior is
> expected.
> Some things to check are permissions (<server-default> <user-name> Resin is
> running as), <resin:DeployService/> exists, webapp version is enabled
> (<host-default> <web-app-deploy path="webapps" versioning="true"/>).
> -Paul

I don't know what to say... I'm running vanilla Resin 4.0.18
(non-pro), right out of the zipfile.  I get the same behavior on both
linux (started using the init.d script, running as root) and Mac
(bin/resin.sh console, running as myself).

The only changes I've made to resin.xml are tweaks to my logging
configuration and disabling the resin-doc webapp.
<resin:DeployService> and <web-app-deploy> are stock.  I've tried
commenting out the <web-app id="/" root-directory="webapps/ROOT"/> but
it doesn't seem to make a difference one way or another.

It almost seems like Resin just doesn't notice my ROOT.war, but there
are no error messages and there's nothing wrong with the permissions.
The file unjars just fine with the command line jar utility.