Hi Jeff,

Are you still experiencing this problem?  I experienced the same problem
in resin 4.0.16 pro.  I pulled my hair out including performing the
steps you talked about in your email. I finally discovered that I had to
turn versioning off.  Here is a snippet from my resin.xml file:

> <!-- creates the webapps directory for .war expansion -->
> <!--
> <web-app-deploy path="webapps" versioning="true"/>
> -->
> <web-app-deploy path="webapps"/>

The default resin.xml file has this set to true.

I hope this helps

Keith

On 05/24/2011 02:23 PM, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Scott Ferguson<f...@caucho.com>  wrote:
>> Also, what does the /resin-admin webapps tab say?
> It reports a webapp at /, but just the "stock" one.
>
>> For example, if you've deployed a .war using the command-line "deploy",
>> that overrides the webapps/ directory.
> I haven't done anything... seriously, I just went through these steps:
>
> 1) Download resin-4.0.18.zip
> 2) Unzip it into a directory
> 3) Copy my ROOT.war into resin/webapps
> 4) Run resin
>
> No love.  No error messages.
>
> I've also tried commenting out<web-app id="/"
> root-directory="webapps/ROOT"/>  but it makes no difference.  I'm not
> quite sure what this line is supposed to do, though - shouldn't it be
> irrelevant if there is a ROOT.war file in webapps?
>
> Jeff

Keith Fetterman                        Direct: 206-319-9434
Mariner Supply, Inc.                   206-780-5670
http://www.go2marine.com               kfetter...@go2marine.com

http://www.boatersline.com