On 06/06/2011 05:49 PM, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:
> Seriously, I've done *nothing* special.  I downloaded resin, unzipped
> it, copied in my ROOT.war... and nothing.  I've tried deleting the
> ROOT/ directory. I've tried deleting the resin-data/ directory.

Hmm.

>    I've
> tried removing the<web-app id="/" root-directory="webapps/ROOT"/>
> (what does that do, anyways?).

It lets you override configuration in the resin.xml, like the
WEB-INF/resin-web.xml. It's useful for some peoples' configuration.

> resin-admin shows a root webapp.  not mine - just the default one it creates.
>
> It just doesn't work.
>
> FWIW, a simple stripped-down war file does deploy.  So presumably it's
> something about my WARfile.

That's interesting. Other than the WEB-INF/web.xml and
WEB-INF/resin-web.xml there really shouldn't be anything specific about
one .war file vs another. (Although I guess there could be something
about the validation when unzipping the file.)

If you get a chance, can you download a snapshot from
http://caucho.com/download/resin-pro-4_0-snap.tar.gz, turn on logging to
"finer" or "finest", duplicate the deployment problem and send me the
log file? It might show information about what's different about your .war.

(Or if the snapshot isn't ready, the same "finest" information from the
current version might show something.)

thanks,

-- Scott