>For that kind of money, why not just buy a refurbished iMac, put NetPresenz
>on it, and use it as an ftp storage set repository? Just a thought...

Interesting suggestion, but issues include:

1. Capacity. I have 17 GB of drive space (far from full). My son has 11
GB. Other Macs have 1-2 GB. The iMac would need a drive upgrade.

2. Redundancy. I'd have to buy two iMacs to have two backup sets. Two
tapes is much less expensive.

3. Performance. An iMac would be the third or fourth fastest Mac in the
house. No way the wife and kids would put up with the cute little thing
sitting there for backup. And if they use it as a computer and crash the
drive, there goes the iMac and all my backup.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Macintosh: Love bug resistant, always Y2K ready