Ken Gillett wrote:

> But I still maintain that NO software should cause unrequested
> dialups, I'm sorry if you don't agree. I don't accept that it is
> beyond the realms of possibility to only perform such checks if it
> doesn't cause a dialup.

Peter S., the IPNR author, gets this type of bashing on his list all the
time. His answer, and I assume it's true, is that a program can't tell
if it's on a dial up connection. The OT code hides this from you. This
causes a lot of support headaches for him as many of the problems are in
the dialing, and he has no control over when and how that's happening.