We have a 519 network-loosing-connection-with-client-error, which i
have traced (finally) to a new HP Procurve 2424M switch installed as
a central switch in our star topology network.
It has 100tx links to SMC Tigerswitches in other buildings.

If the Blue and white G3 running retrospect is connected directly to
the HP switch only 4 of our 30 clients get backed up

When i move the G3 to one of the arms of the star and plug into any
SMC switch the backup runs just fine achieving speeds up to 60

The HP switch does not report any errors

anyone come across this?

Lindsay Robertson

Senior Technician
Psychology Department