Hi Matthew,

on 25/7/00 5:42 AM, Matthew Tevenan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Basically, if you're getting *most* any negative error up through -5XXX in
> Retrospect, it's is being mapped directly from the OS. That's why Pat looked
> to a list of Mac OS errors to figure out what this meant.

OK, I guess thats in the doc somewhere.  ;-)

> All of Pat's suggestions are good ones. I assure you that larger than 2 GB
> file backup sets were tested thoroughly and do work correctly. I'd estimate
> they were the number one customer suggestion of recent memory, so we knew
> they'd better! If you're still having trouble, please e-mail
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The only other machine I have with enough spare disk space to test this is
my wife's iBook ... I installed Retrospect 4.3 and it worked fine.  Actually
the throughput was almost 4 time what my old 8500 does ... could be 10baseT
vs full duplex 100baseT but I guess the 8500 is just showing its age.

Hence I conclude that there is an issue with the disk subsystem in my 8500
... ACARD PCI IDE/66 adapter and IBM 20GB IDE disk.  :-(

Sounds like a good opportunity simulate a disk failure and perform reformat
and do a full restore from backup.

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                Mobile:     0412 636 086
Managing Director                              Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.