I'm setting up Retrospect 4.2 on a Mac to backup to a USB-attached CDRW drive with a
Mitsumi mechanism. It appears the mechanism might not be supported by Retrospect as it
does not work. I can burn and erase CDs using Toast so the drive functions OK.

My question is not "what drives does Retrospect support?" - because the wbesite is
clear on that - it is "how do I know when it is working?"

Because I've not backed up to CDR before I don't know what to look for. Discs don't
mount on the desktop, but should they appear in the "Please choose a new disc" dialog
box at the start of a backup? And should the CDRW drive show up in Configure:Devices?

Regards