Ed Hintz wrote:
>     Being that OS X has a rather incestuous relationship with NetBSD, and
>that Dantz is publicly working on OS X support, 'tis but a small step to
>NBSD and OBSD... One would hope such a step would take place, to be sure...

Actually, it is FreeBSD that Apple has utilized for OS X:

Of course, I believe a reasonably bright programmer could create a
cross Un*x platform solution, so it really would just be one product
for Linix/BSD. I know if I get my way to set up an OpenBSD server,
I'd love to have Retrospect backing it up.
Eric Zylstra