>What would give better performance, a G3 upgrade to the 6100 or a 100
>base T card. I can only do one since the 6100 only has one slot.

Either will probably cost more than the computer is worth. Set up the
6100 as is to see where the bottleneck is. If it's the network, 10Base-T
tops out at about 60-70 MB/min. througput. If you're not getting close to
that (I think we averaged about 40 MB/min. when we used a 6100 backup
server), then a faster CPU might improve things -- but probably not
enough to justify the expense for maybe one-third less time running
backup.

The money spent on a faster processor or ethernet card might instead buy
a much more capable backup computer on the used market.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Macintosh: Love bug resistant, always Y2K ready