on 12/30/00 7:45 PM, matt barkdull at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Dealing with ArcServe, you probably have a good idea of how you want
> the backups to go.  Retrospect is a lot easier to set up to do what
> you want it to do.

I'll second that. I used ArcServe at my last job, and while it did the job,
it was kludgy and non-intuitive--especially when it came to recovering files
from backup. I use Retrospect on one backup server for about 50-60Gb of data
on four Mac OS servers, two Windows NT servers, a half dozen laptops, and a
handful of client machines. Writing to a VXA drive, it can backup the whole
tomato in one night, and recovery is a piece of cake. The only question I
have to ask someone requesting an old file is, "Which day?"

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>