>So... the question is, since I am planning to look at the market for
>backup software for bigger systems, would it be reasonable for me to
>include Retrospect in the candidate list? Is anyone on the list backing
>up systems on this scale?
>
>Any advice welcome.
>
>Ian.

Hi Ian.

I run a Retrospect backup server that backs up approximately 180
systems (Mac and PC) every 36 hours, including some Macs I use for
server purposes.  Backups are done to two DLT7000 drives, with a
total of about 450GB per month.  Retrospect works like a champ, and I
would not hesitate to use it on a large-scale project.  As long as
you have a good backup strategy, Retrospect should do the job nicely.

Chris

Chris Freemesser, University of Rochester
Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences /
       Center for Visual Science
Meliora Hall, Room 244
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:  (716)275-0786