I am like the other guys in that I don't have quite that much stuff to back
up. I back up about 150gb of total data. I am backing up 6 Mac servers and
about 120 desktop Macs. I use a 5 tape DLT changer so I can keep doing
incrementals a little longer that I used to.
I also have 15 laptops that need to be backed up so I've set up two
different scripts just for the laptops. Most of that group takes lunch from
12-1 so I have one script that just hits those machines for that time period
and only gets documents and preferences. I usually get each machine a couple
of times a week. (some people take their machines to lunch)

If you go with Retrospect, it really pays to learn all of the "nooks and
crannies" of the program. I learned a lot of little things that really made
my life easier about 2 years after I started using Retrospect.

Judging by the way my backups run and from what I've seen of ArcServe, I
don't think you will have any regrets of going with Retrospect. It flies
through my backups in about half the time I have allotted. An I'm only using
a 10base-T network and an older Mac as my backup server.

Tim