>I can't speak for everyone but I hope you keep this discussion on the list. If
>it does happen to go off-line, I would greatly appreciate a copy of the final
>thoughts.

I agree. IMHO the biggest problem with tape drives is not the purchase cost or the
tape costs, but the sheer level of grief caused by hardware faults.

That's why I would always prefer a solution with some hardware rdundancy - if one
drive fails you can still backup - or, more to the point, still restore.

Because the one occasion when you _must_ restore files will, of course, be the time
that your only drive has just died.