On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Russell Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Nov 3, 4:28 pm, Russell Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Nov 2, 12:53 am, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah. What basically happens is that Review Board will check either the
> >
> > > main repository path or the mirror path when looking up a repository
> (say,
> > > from post-review), but will use the mirror path (if set) for the actual
> > > calls to the server. (Why it uses the mirror path and not the main one,
> > > don't recall anymore -- I think it was due to how we had things set up
> at
> > > VMware originally to work around something).
> >
> > Hm.  I'm having trouble getting it to actually behave this way.  I
> > have a repository set up with the main path ashttps://origsvn..., as
> > that is where all of my checkouts will be from.  Then, I set my mirror
> > path to behttp://svn..., since that is the public mirror that
> > reviewboard actually has access to.  post-review from my https://
> > checkout works fine, but viewing the diff does not work.  It looks
> > like it's making calls to the server using the main repo path instead
> > of the mirror path.  Here is the trace.  I'll see if I can figure out
> > what to change in the code in the meantime ...
> I was able to get this fixed with the help of Christian on IRC.  All I
> did was swap my settings for the main and mirror paths.  It turns out
> that reviewboard will always use the _main_ path to access the
> repository, not the mirror path, as mentioned before.  I'll see if I
> can find a logical place on the wiki to add this information ...

Christian & Russell: thanks for investigating this issue. I now have a
working configuration. I'm using http (not https) for the main path, and
svn+ssh for the mirror path. Post-review works for checkouts done using
svn+ssh, and diffs now work without error. With this setup I don't need to
specify a user & password, and my http server is on a private network behind
a firewall, configured for read-only operations, so I'm satsified with the
security considerations.