Excellent! Glad it's working Jim :) Christian
-- Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED] VMware, Inc. On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Jim Lloyd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Russell Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote: > >> >> >> >> On Nov 3, 4:28 pm, Russell Bryant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> > On Nov 2, 12:53 am, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> > >> > > Yeah. What basically happens is that Review Board will check either >> the >> > >> > > main repository path or the mirror path when looking up a repository >> (say, >> > > from post-review), but will use the mirror path (if set) for the >> actual >> > > calls to the server. (Why it uses the mirror path and not the main >> one, I >> > > don't recall anymore -- I think it was due to how we had things set up >> at >> > > VMware originally to work around something). >> > >> > Hm. I'm having trouble getting it to actually behave this way. I >> > have a repository set up with the main path ashttps://origsvn..., as >> > that is where all of my checkouts will be from. Then, I set my mirror >> > path to behttp://svn..., since that is the public mirror that >> > reviewboard actually has access to. post-review from my https:// >> > checkout works fine, but viewing the diff does not work. It looks >> > like it's making calls to the server using the main repo path instead >> > of the mirror path. Here is the trace. I'll see if I can figure out >> > what to change in the code in the meantime ... >> >> I was able to get this fixed with the help of Christian on IRC. All I >> did was swap my settings for the main and mirror paths. It turns out >> that reviewboard will always use the _main_ path to access the >> repository, not the mirror path, as mentioned before. I'll see if I >> can find a logical place on the wiki to add this information ... >> > > Christian & Russell: thanks for investigating this issue. I now have a > working configuration. I'm using http (not https) for the main path, and > svn+ssh for the mirror path. Post-review works for checkouts done using > svn+ssh, and diffs now work without error. With this setup I don't need to > specify a user & password, and my http server is on a private network behind > a firewall, configured for read-only operations, so I'm satsified with the > security considerations. > > Thanks! > Jim > > > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
