No after I actually restart apache I see the LDAP credentials I input.
I disabled caching and I don't have to restart apache to see changes
anymore so it seems the that particular issue is related to caching
(used file caching).

Logging out and in again, it still doesn't use the LDAP server, just
the standard auth which only has one user, the install created admin.
Thanks !

Alex